September 21, 2020

September 2020 Outstanding Area of the Month

Outstanding Area of the Month

Congratulations!  H7 Medical Oncology

Based on the clinical indicators below, your unit has been awarded Outstanding Area of the Month for September!!!

Data Used to Determine Winner: July 1, 2016 to August 31, 2020
Category Rank Data
Patient Satisfaction 5/5 Unit Star Rating
Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI) 34 days since last CAUTI
Fall with Injury 204 days since last fall with injury
Central Line-associated Blood Stream Infection (CLABSI) 346 days since last CLABSI
Hospital Acquired Pressure Injury (HAPI) Stage II and above 46 days since last HAPI Stage II and Above

Patient comments:

• Dr. Manning and her team were awesome and everyone was kind and caring. I’m so glad I was well cared for. Thank you.
• I had to have a total hysterectomy for cancer removal – during the COVID-19 Pandemic. As you can imagine – this was a terrifying undertaking. I felt at ease during my brief overnight stay at UAMS. Everyone had app
appropriate PPE, etc. I got in and out and had a good experience.
• Every person I came in contact with was so very nice. The nurses were so nice and knowledgeable and efficient. I really appreciate what a nice hospital UAMS is.

As Outstanding Area of the Month, you will receive the following benefits:

1. Announcement in the Nurse Recruitment Display outside the Cafeteria and digital bulletin boards throughout campus.
  2. Recognition display in your area.
  3. $5 Care Coin Rewards for each employee.

(CSM, please contact Barbara Warren at 686-8194 in Patient Family Centered Care to obtain $5 Care Coin Rewards for each employee! Employee is defined as FTE included on unit/clinic budget.)