February 4, 2020

February 2020 BEE Award

BEE Aristo Brizzolara, Patient Care Technician – H4 – Trauma/SICU/CVICU

Please join the Center for Nursing Excellence in congratulating Aristo Brizzolara for being selected as the February BEE Award winner!

Aristo is a Patient Care Technician on H4 – Trauma/SICU/CVICU and was nominated by two co-workers.  The following is the story of how Aristo impacted their lives in a way that they will never forget.

Frist nomination – Co-worker – Victoria Wilkinson

Aristo is always willing to help anyone, whether it is his assigned side of the unit or not.  He is never just sitting down doing nothing; he is always up moving around helping out the unit.  I have seen him wiping out empty pneumatic tubes, restocking patient rooms with supplies, running down to central supply in a hurry.  He is just an all-around wonderful employee, and a wonderful person.”

Second nomination – Co-worker – Ashley Keathley

“On a day where I had a very heavy patient load, Aristo made multiple trips into my patient’s room in order to handle any care that did not require a nurse.  This was in addition to working as the front desk PSA.  At about 1400 after being verbally abused by one patient and responding to a patient call light every 10-15 minutes, having had no lunch; I was at my breaking point.  As I sat down debating whether I was able to complete my shift, Aristo slid a freshly made hot tea and bag of Doritos in front of me.  He walked away not expecting a thank you.  He did all of this without me asking him one time for his help.  If it had not been for him that day I would not have been able to finish my shift.”  

Way to go Aristo Brizzolara.

Please congratulate Aristo for Being Exceptional Every day at UAMS!